UrbanMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UrbanMS Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS

Go down 
+3
ABC
Foldded
ShamSavior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamSavior

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 9:37 pm

Okay, since a lot of people are having difficulties downloading and playing UrbanMS, I took it upon myself to create a guide to help these individuals. Below each instruction will be a screenshot. PLEASE use them.

STEP 1. Downloading Version .62 of MapleStory and UrbanMs Client.

Click the word “Download” on the left hand bar at the top of the page.

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS1

Once you get here you will need TWO things. MapleStory Version .62 and the UrbanMS files to run the private server. (If you don’t have WinRar you will need to download that also, since it is needed to open the UrbanMS files)

The top box is WinRar.
The second is the UrbanMS files.
The third is version .62 of MapleStory.
As I’ve shown below…

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS2

FIRST : Download the MapleStory Version .62 link and install it to your computer.

SECOND : Click on the UrbanMS download link and save this into your MapleStory folder to make it easier.

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS3

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS4

Your MapleStory folder will be under Desktop -> My Computer -> C:Drive -> Nexon -> MapleStory.

STEP 2. Extracting your UrbanMS files into your MapleStory folder.

FIRST : Open both your MapleStory Folder and your UrbanMS folder until it looks like what I’ve posted below.
(Yes, I may have more crap in my folders than you, I’m aware of this)

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS5

SECOND : Drag the three files : kiki.dll, kiki.cfg and WzMss.dll…Into your MapleStory folder. It will ask you to replace these files, CLICK YES! You will need to replace ALL three.

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS6

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS7

LASTLY : Click on the MapleStory icon as you would to play GMS, although this time when you click it (If you followed my guide properly) it will bring you to UrbanMS!

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS UrbanMS8

* SIDE NOTE *

To use the Trainer supplied properly…

FIRST : Open MapleStory and get on your character.
SECOND : Press Alt +Tab …OR… Alt + Enter to minimize Maplestory in some way.
THIRD : Open up the trainer.
LAST : Click the little box WHILE you have MapleStory up or it won’t work.

* SECOND SIDE NOTE *
If you happen to get the WzMss.dll missing file link. Download the program from the following link. It will get rid of this.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

--YOU NEED TO SAVE THE FILE IN YOUR MAPLESTORY FOLDER--

More information:

If your Maplestory starts PATCHING for some reason, stop it immediately. Delete the files patcher.exe and setup.exe inside the Maplestory folder. Then run Maplestory again. It shouldn't be patching, and you should be able to play. ~Credits to Azula~

ALSO! Click on the link BELOW for a new NPC HELP GUIDE made by....AZULA! Wooo! Smile

http://linkvalidator.net/warn.php?p=aHR0cDovL3VyYmFubXMub21nZm9ydW0ubmV0L3EtYS1mNS9henVsYS1zLW5wYy1oZWxwLXQxMTMuaHRtIzUzNQ==

Last edited by ShamSavior on March 9th 2009, 7:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Foldded

Foldded

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 12:16 am

I SMELL PAINT (the program)
Back to top Go down
ABC
Admin
ABC

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 1:07 am

Lol xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/konacoffe
Complete
Admin
Complete

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 4:29 am

-stickied-
Back to top Go down
http://urbanms.omgforum.net
Foldded

Foldded

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 4:15 pm

But really did u use paint Question
Back to top Go down
ShamSavior

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 10:07 pm

Erm...*Cough* YES! SO WHAT! Sad
Back to top Go down
Foldded

Foldded

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 4th 2009, 11:14 pm

*cough* youshuldbuyanadobeproductcuspaintsux *cough*
Back to top Go down
Azula

Azula

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 5th 2009, 8:34 pm

More information:

If your Maplestory starts PATCHING for some reason, stop it immediately. Delete the files patcher.exe and setup.exe inside the Maplestory folder. Then run Maplestory again. It shouldn't be patching, and you should be able to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.southperry.net
LoKi

LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 5:02 am

Nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lisaxhuh

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyApril 18th 2009, 3:57 pm

It doesn't work for me T.T.
I keep getting the "This program has known compatibility issues."
Back to top Go down
LoKi

LoKi

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS   Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS EmptyApril 19th 2009, 5:35 am

Lisa, I get the same error too but I click Run Program. It still works for me. ;]
It's because we have Windows Vista. o-o
Back to top Go down

Guide to Downloading/Installing and Playing UrbanMS
Page 1 of 1